Position: Resource Development Intern
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
Work Location: BGCWC Administrative Office; 1616 Cornwall Ave., Suite 111, Bellingham
Commitment: Approximately 10 hours a week. Specific schedule to be agreed upon by intern and CDO.
Compensation: This is an unpaid position; mileage reimbursement available for applicable travel at the
rate of $0.15/mile.
Opportunity: This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is interested in the inner workings of anon-profit organization’s operation. The resource development intern will have the opportunity to shadow and support the Chief Development Officer on all resource development initiatives and events, with projects ranging from donor recognition and stewardship to grant applications and special events.
• Obtained or currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree
• Superior time and project management skills
• Proficient using Google Docs and Sheets, Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience in public speaking and group presentations
• Ability to work well within a team environment or independently
• Initiative to problem solve if necessary
• Ability to be flexible and work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Adherence to confidentiality policies associated with BGCWC and its donors
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record and consistent access to a motor vehicle with appropriate
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
Office environment; must be able to sit for long periods of time and may be exposed to extendedstretches of time viewing a monitor. Physical abilities required include bending at waist and reaching above the shoulder to maintain files, speaking clearly and listening actively, dexterity of hands/fingers to operate computer keyboard and enter data. Will require some weekend and evening responsibilities for
fund-raising events and/or special project work.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Erica Charbonneau: email@example.com
or BGCWC, 1616 Cornwall Ave., Ste. 111, Bellingham WA 9822