The Whatcom Parks and Recreation Foundation seeks an Advertising/Marketing intern to help with its annual Hovander Homestead Bluegrass Festival fundraiser which will be held over Labor Day Weekend 2017 at Hovander Homestead Park (www.hhbgf.org). The position will work closely with the festival’s Executive Committee and assist with advertising and marketing opportunities for the festival.
- Develop and recommend media buys for the Festival including procurement of media schedules, rates, placement opportunities, placement of approved advertisement and fulfillment.
- Develop and monitor strategic timeline for advertising activities, assuring the timely completion of projects
- Work with Graphic Design team to develop appropriate advertising and fulfillment pieces for the Festival
- Process and track all advertising expenses to ensure al projects stay on target and budget.
- Assist with developing signage for the Festival
- Other activities as assigned by the Executive Committee
10-15 hours per week through the end of September, 2017 (must be available during the summer as well)
Unpaid but includes 2 free weekend passes to the Festival
- Must have strong skills in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint as well as Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Excellent written and verbal communication, attention to detail and presentation skills required
- Must have own transportation (reimbursement for gas)